Welcome to International Fake Journal Month 2013!

What is IFJM?
Please read the page "What Is IFJM" for details.
Learn the difference between Faux, Fake, and Fake Historical Journals.

2019 IFJM Celebration
IFJM has been suspended indefinitely. Please read the pinned post about this below.

Participants who Post Their Journals
A list of 2018 participants who are posting their fake journals this year will appear near the top of the right side bar of this blog around April 6. Lists of participants who posted their pages in 2010 through 2017 appear lower in the same column. Please pay them a visit and check out their fake journals.

View a Couple of Roz's Past Fake Journals
Roz's 2009 fake journal takes place in an alternate Twin Cites, where disease has killed the human and bird populations. (It ends up being an upbeat tale of friendship.) Watch a video flip through of Roz's 2009 fake journal here.

Read an explanation of Roz's insanely complex 2011 fake journal.

Tips on Keeping a Fake Journal
Click on "tips" in the category cloud.

Remember, "Life's so short, why live only one?"


Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Final Page Spread in Roz's 2009 Fake Journal


Above: the April 30 page spread from my 2009 fake journal. I used Ziller Acrylic ink with a dip pen and Schmincke pan watercolors. Note that there is a tab in the gutter from a cut-out page. When I first purchased this Alvin Field Notebook I didn't know what I would use it for and I cut this page out as a test page. I didn't realize at the time that in so doing I created exactly 30 spreads (perfect for doing one a day in April). In the book, the fake journal author has actually written on the backside of the tab: "Page missing when I received the book from Ted." Readers will remember that her art supplies were lost in transit and she had to depend on the kindness of her co-workers. Click on the image to view an enlargement.

I am still not on the computer much these days because of a family emergency. I did want to let faithful readers of this blog, however, have my last page spread so they can know how things turned out or "stopped." And I want to tell you that I will be announcing the winner of the contest later today (I hope) or in a post tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, everyone who participated. The judges were prompt in their process, but I have just been slow at the computer.

So in this post you'll see the final page spread in this book, which I completed on April 30, at 7 a.m. because I was actually anxious to finish the book and the project, because I had a lot of work looming that would break into my free time. I think the writing will be readable if you click the image to view the enlargement. If you can't read it, give me a heads up and I'll post it another time when I'm near the computer.

Again, I want to thank all of you who have either participated in this year's event or have watched and enjoyed while others have. I'm hoping the last group will be convinced to join in in 2010!

Watch for the contest wrap up coming soon.

No comments: