Welcome to International Fake Journal Month 2013!

What is IFJM?
Please read the page "What Is IFJM" for details.
Learn the difference between Faux, Fake, and Fake Historical Journals.

2019 IFJM Celebration
IFJM has been suspended indefinitely. Please read the pinned post about this below.

Participants who Post Their Journals
A list of 2018 participants who are posting their fake journals this year will appear near the top of the right side bar of this blog around April 6. Lists of participants who posted their pages in 2010 through 2017 appear lower in the same column. Please pay them a visit and check out their fake journals.

View a Couple of Roz's Past Fake Journals
Roz's 2009 fake journal takes place in an alternate Twin Cites, where disease has killed the human and bird populations. (It ends up being an upbeat tale of friendship.) Watch a video flip through of Roz's 2009 fake journal here.

Read an explanation of Roz's insanely complex 2011 fake journal.

Tips on Keeping a Fake Journal
Click on "tips" in the category cloud.

Remember, "Life's so short, why live only one?"


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fourth Entry in My 2010 Fake Journal


Left: the fourth entry of this year's fake journal. I'm still using only the Stabilo All (black; used dry) and cutting away the page to expose Canson Mi Tientes. I'm working in the APICA soft-covered notebook. Click on the image to view an enlargement.

Since I don't use pencil in my visual journals much (I don't like all the smearing and smudging) I'm having a bit of a vacation from myself and my usual prejudices against smudges.

The insertion of a backing sheet of Canson Mi Tientes on each page (you can see the previous page's backing sheet at the left of the image) has caused this slim writing notebook to start to curl (with the grain of course) in an interesting fashion. It causes the pages to rub against the previous page—and since this isn't my journal I'm not in the least concerned.

Yep, quite a vacation.

3 comments:

Scrapacat said...

LOL! Isn't that freeing - "It's not my problem so I don't feel compelled to fix it."

Are you going to post a new list of people participating in the challenge? My link hasn't shown up tho I've sent it and complied with the requirements.
~ky

http://bunnynest.blogspot.com/2010/04/ifjm-page-1-welcome-to-my-world.html

Roz Stendahl said...

Tinker, I will be publishing weekly updates, so one on Friday or Saturday should have yours, but bunnynest doesn't sound familiar so maybe my filter got you? I'll go check. But it should be in the update on Friday or Saturday—Thanks for asking!!!

Glad you are participating.

Roz Stendahl said...

Tinker, I went into the folder and looked and can't find a message from you—Subject line should read: IFJM MY BLOG post #1 (2, 3, etc.)

I can use your link from your comment to add you to the update on the blog, but to make sure you make it into the drawing (which will come from the folder of entries) could you try one more time. Sorry you haven't got through.