Welcome to International Fake Journal Month 2013!

What is IFJM?
Please read the page "What Is IFJM" for details.
Learn the difference between Faux, Fake, and Fake Historical Journals.

2019 IFJM Celebration
IFJM has been suspended indefinitely. Please read the pinned post about this below.

Participants who Post Their Journals
A list of 2018 participants who are posting their fake journals this year will appear near the top of the right side bar of this blog around April 6. Lists of participants who posted their pages in 2010 through 2017 appear lower in the same column. Please pay them a visit and check out their fake journals.

View a Couple of Roz's Past Fake Journals
Roz's 2009 fake journal takes place in an alternate Twin Cites, where disease has killed the human and bird populations. (It ends up being an upbeat tale of friendship.) Watch a video flip through of Roz's 2009 fake journal here.

Read an explanation of Roz's insanely complex 2011 fake journal.

Tips on Keeping a Fake Journal
Click on "tips" in the category cloud.

Remember, "Life's so short, why live only one?"


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2013 IFJM Participants List Has Started

Just a heads up in case you come to the blog and don't normally look around on the whole "page." I've heard from several fake journal keepers who have already started posting their entries from their fake journals for 2013.

I have put those names in a 2013 Participants List that is located in the right-hand column of this blog, just below "Pages" and "Contests for 2013." If you click on one of those names (listed alphabetically by surname) you'll be taken to their blog or Flickr site which shows their 2013 fake journal entries. You can watch them grow over the month of April (and into May if they get behind in their scanning, as I know I'm already behind in mine).

If you are posting your blog publicly please send me an email at rozjournalrat@gmail.com and include the url of your public site (blog, website section, or Flickr section) and I'll be happy to add you to the list. (Be patient as a lot is going on here so I'll probably only update the list once a week on the weekend.)

I've just decided on what the "contest" for this year is going to be but I don't have time to post about it and explain until later this week. Don't worry, it will make sense once I start posting.

Until then, get busy in those journals. I've enjoyed seeing the pages people are posting.

I'd also like to provide some words of encouragement to folks who are working privately. Some of you have already been kind enough to send me private emails with a spread attached and it has been very fun to see that you are participating and to see what you're doing. I think there are a host of reasons to participate privately and I want you to know I hope you keep going and let your mind and your character wander and that you embrace the exercise with gusto. You'll get a lot out of it working privately too.

Everyone keep working—I know I have to go back to painting RIGHT NOW!

P.S. If you don't see your name on the list and you sent me a note already please send me another note because I must have lost it! I want to be sure to list everyone.

1 comment:

Green Morning said...

Hey Roz. Sorry about the mix up with the last comment. I know you said to email, but I'm too excited :)
here is the link:
http://fakegreenjournal1.blogspot.com/search/label/Fake%20Journal%202013